Once again it is time to post a recipe. Eric and I love to go to Brick Oven located in Provo and order the “All you can eat pasta bar”. However, now that we have a baby it’s not as easy to get out of the house, so I creatively came up with this little beauty… My home made pasta bar. This bar includes two different kinds of sauces along with different cheeses and toppings to put on top. Yummy!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 stick of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Combine butter and whipping cream in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until butter melts. Stir in cream cheese until it is fully melted. Next, stir in Parmesan cheese, white pepper, and parsley.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce of choice (I prefer the Ragu Sweet Basil and Sun Dried Tomato sauce)
- Several leaves of basil rolled up and cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Salt and pepper beef and brown. Drain beef, then set aside. Next, combine garlic and olive oil on medium heat in a skillet. Saute until garlic is tender, but do not brown the garlic. Next, pour entire jar of sauce into garlic and olive oil. Stir in basil and red pepper. Finally add beef to the sauce.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Try cooking two different types of pasta that you think your family will enjoy choosing from.
- Mizithra Cheese (This is wonderful sprinkled on top of the meat sauce)
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Pine Nuts
- Parmesan Cheese
- Artichoke Hearts
- Grilled Chicken